Thursday, January 25, 2007

Walls!

We finally took a huge step in the right direction yesterday! I met Ryan and Rob at Home Depot and we spent four hours hand picking lumber, loading it, taking it to the shop, and unloading it there. We also picked up two toilets, two bath sinks and fixtures, a bar handsink, a bar dump sink, five of the seven doors we need, framing nailer ammo, some saw blades, and 1000 sq ft of slate tile.
All of our lumber was 10' to 16' long, and it is very difficult to find straight lumber at those lengths. On average, we took one board for every 3 we looked at. I don't know who buys all the crooked stuff, but I feel sorry for them when they try to build something with it.



And yesterday's lunch spot (very fine cusine):


Once we were at the shop, Ryan did the layout, Rob and I built the walls, and all three of us stood them up and secured them in place. I am used to working on projects by myself, and doing my framing with screws. I could not believe how fast it went to have three of us working, using framing nail guns instead of screws.
I set a point and shoot camera on a tripod and took a shot every 20 or 30 minutes. The people are blurred because the shutter speed was 1/2 second, but you can see the progress on the walls.
Click on this image to see a larger version:


Today I need to go buy track lighting fixtures, line up another plumbing extimate, finalize some equipment layout tweaks to match the final layout, notify Allied Restaurant that we want to purchase their equipment package, set up our credit card machine with RBS Lynk, etc, etc. I have to be over at the shop by 12:00pm for another marathon framing day. We will be doing some half walls, the soffet over the bar, as well as getting yesterday's walls level/plumb and installing top plates and 45 degree stabilizers...

Enough for now... I could talk about more, but I need to get busy on some things...
JD

No comments: