Friday, January 19, 2007

A little frustrated...

I've been a little frustrated with our architect lately. We are paying him $5000, and I'm doing all of the work. I have done our layout three times now based upon the criteria he has given me for occupancy calculations and ADA compliance. After investing a great deal of time and effort, he has told me the criteria he gave was wrong. Aaarrrgggghhh! I didn't mind all that much the first time, the second time was worse, and the third time made me angry. I told him today that I was unhappy with the way things are going and I want the layout finished and ready for Regional by close of business on Monday. Hopefully, that will happen. Don't get me wrong... Vic is a great guy and I really like him, but for $5k, it's time to get serious.
Either way, we should have drawings to Regional very soon.

I went to Allied Restaurant Supply in Colorado Springs today. I met with the owner (Larry) in November and he put together a quote for us. Everything has changed since then, so I stopped in again today and showed him our new layout and equipment needs. He is going to work on a quote Monday and get it out to us. My main reason for today's visit, though, was to nail down a dimension for our three compartment sink. I got one that is 8' 10" long with drain boards on both ends. It retails for $1919 new with no faucet. I am getting a used one with a faucet for $475. I just couldn't see spending approx $2000 for a sink and faucet. Once again, used stuff saves the day!

I found the sink and it lists for $4142 without faucet!


I need to run... Tracy and I are taking Josh, Jonah, and Ethan to the movies tonight. Have a great weekend!
JD

No comments: