Thursday, January 11, 2007

Plan B in Full Force

If you've been keeping up with the blog, you will know that we have changed our floor plan. We started by utilizing existing walls as much as possible (about 80%). Our new plan uses almost no existing walls. Plan B is essentially to gut the place and start over. Ryan's crew worked with me today (more like, I worked with them). It is unbievable how much wall/ceiling/lighting/electrical got demo'd today. It is nearly all gone! I didn't have a camera with me today, but I'll take photos tomorrow...

Vic (our architect) came today with his autocad guy and took detailed measurements for their CAD drawings. He was impressed that everything in my layout is exactly where it actually is. That may sound weird, but he said his clients never get things in the right place. We are in a hurry because Ryan wants to get the concrete counter top templates created as soon as possible. He lets his concrete counter tops cure for 30 days!

We are meeting with Maric Beverage Systems tomorrow morning to take a look at the La Marzocco Linea 3 Group and the Swift grinder. We intend to buy them so I'm hoping they work great. He has not completed his refurb yet, but we will be able to pull some shots and see what we think. It is not as optimal as our first choice of getting a Synesso, but with our construction costs higher than expected, we need a screaming deal like this on our espresso machine and grinder.

I can't say how happy I am to have Ryan, as well as Vic on board. These guys are both incredible and we feel very blessed to have them on the project. We can't thank them enough!

Gotta run....
Everybody have a good night.
JD

No comments: