Saturday, January 13, 2007

Dumpster Diving

Well, I went to the shop today and searched all 2000 sq ft of the space for my keys, including looking inside tool boxes, etc. I knew they had fallen out of my pocket, but I had no idea where (although I suspected the dumpster). I also searched our storage space (another 1000 sq ft) with no luck. Finally, I moved on to try my luck at the dumpster. I was greeted with the very nice surprise that that the snow removal crew had plowed the parking lot into the front of the dumpster door. I spent an hour shoveling the snow pack from the front of the dumpster. Once I got it open, I started taking wall sections, ceiling tiles, drywall debris, and all the other demo debris out of the dumpster. After a couple of hours, I decided to call Ryan to ask if him or his crew had noticed my keys anywhere (I knew this was a longshot and not very likely, but it was 14 degrees out and I was freezing and needed a break). Ryan had not seen them, and neither had his crew. After warming my hands up on the halogen work lamps, I went back out to the dumpster to continue. I found them under the very next piece of drywall that I picked up!! I was really happy to find them. I was concerned about someone else finding them, and I didn't want to spend the money to have a locksmith change out locks on three commercial doors.

I went and looked at recessed lighting fixtures at Home Depot. What a confusing bunch of stuff. There are 10 different kinds of 4" recessed lighting fixtures, plus trim kits. The price range was significant. I'm going to go online and learn more about it, and see if there is a better source with regard to cost.

We are heading for church, and we are teaching the 4's and 5's class tonight.
Later,
JD

No comments: