Monday, January 29, 2007

The soffet... IT"S ALIVE!

Yes, today we built Franken-soffet. We did not have any lightning to get a heartbeat out of it, but I'm completly OK with a dead soffet.
Apparently, I haven't had enough sleep.
Here is a shot of the new soffet framing (not done yet, though):



Ryan and Rob had the main beams up when I got there. I helped to install the ceiling joist hangers and joists. I also helped to hang the ledgers in the back room which will support the joists back there.

Today was supposed to be grease trap day! The engineer we hired had a meeting with CSU Wastewater division to discuss his capacity calculations. The lady that is giving us such a rediculously hard time rescheduled from 8:00am to 1:00pm at the last minute. When our engineer showed up at 1:00, she was no where to be found. Not only did she blow off the appointment, but it is costing me money. I am paying the engineer by the hour, not by the task. This lady has some real problems and she is the biggest thorn in my side through this whole process.
Hopefully, we'll get a final answer tomorrow.


Tracy has been working on some really fun logo ideas. She has tried several concepts that we liked, but then she came up with this one with an abstract sea turtle:



This is just a rough sketch, but she is going to continue to work on it and develop this concept. I really like it...

Later,
JD

No comments: