Friday, June 1, 2007

May 2007, our first full month

Well, May is in the books. It has been a very fun time, if not life consuming! Tracy and I have worked as hard as we ever have in our lives this month. We know that is what is necessary and we are willing to do so...
Our sales for May were $8200, which I think is great for a fledgling business that has not advertised. We are going to continue on the word of mouth plan for now. We'll sink some money into advertising once we are no longer seeing growth. Today, the first day of June, was our second highest daily sales total! Very cool...

I checked on prices to have some "vinyl cut lettering on corplas" signs made. The quotes were $25 to $50 per sign, for just small ones (real estate sign size). I have Adobe Illustrator, which is the vector based program used to create artwork for the vinyl cutters. I looked at vinyl cutters and they range in price from $400 to $2000 for a small unit (that will cut 30" wide vinyl roll material). For the cost of 15 or 20 signs, I can buy my own machine and do our own signs for next to nothing. Tracy's mom owns five Curves franchises and needs signs and banners from time to time. I think I will speak with her about splitting the cost of a machine and do our own sign work. I just paid $420 for two 10' x 3' banners. I could have made them myself for less than $100!

Tracy just called to let me know the hot water heater at home just leaked all over the downstairs floor and sounds like it is shot. Gotta run...
JD

No comments: