Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Gift Certificates Available!

I've been meaning to complete the artwork for our gift cards for quite awhile now. We bought 500 custom printed credit card style gift cards when we set up our merchant services. I never did finish the artwork and send it to them. We had a customer today who really wanted a gift certificate. Our POS system is set up to sell and redeem gift certificates, regardless of where they come from. I asked Tricia if she had a few minutes and I would whip one up in Photoshop. I did a quick design, based on our business card artwork. I had it done in about 4 minutes and we sold our first gift certificate to Tricia for $25!! Here is what they look like. (don't print it and try to spend it --- they are serialized and in a log at time of sale):
Click to see it bigger:



We are still on pace with last week, even with Intellitec out for summer break. We did $6 more this Mon-Wed than we did last Mon-Wed, which was our record sales week. We had really strong days last Thursday and Friday, so I expect us to have weaker sales this week. Who knows, people might just surprise us!

Rental House Project:
Today I cut out the copper portion of the sprinkler system. I cut and 'fit-up' the new pieces/couplings/elbows, etc and soldered them into place. The main shut off valve for the sprinkler system leaks by the seat, so I had to stuff a couple of pieces of white bread into the pipe to plug it up. After you get done soldering, you blow the torch on the part of the pipe where the bread is. The bread burns up and flushes out when you turn the water on! It worked like a charm and I got the system rebuilt and turned on without any leaks!

I also finished painting the garage door. I had to quit at 3:30 to come to the shop. It is now 9:30pm and I'll be heading back to the rental house after I finish closing to start painting one of the upstairs bedrooms.

Good night to all, and to all a fresh cup of coffee!
JD

No comments: