Friday, June 22, 2007

Another Long Day...

I got to bed at about 1:00am last night, up at 7:00am. Did some laundry and loaded the dish washer... Got the kids breakfast and ready for VBS and dropped them off at the church at 9:00. I then went to the shop and traded the car for my truck (and helped out in the shop for a little while) I then went to Home Depot and bought framing lumber and a new shower door. I dropped those supplies off at the rental house and turned on the sprinkler system in the back. I then went back to the church and picked up the kids, and dropped them off at the shop. I went back to the rental house and tore out the downstairs bathroom. That included disconnecting the water lines to the toilet and sink, removing those fixtures, and tearing all the drywall off the walls. I'm down to bare studs, so I can now rough in the plumbing and electrical for my remodel. Once that is complete, I'll start framing the new shower enclosure, as well as a new wall that will separate the bathroom from the utility room (laundry, hot water heater, furnace).

I also measured the downstairs rooms (Bedroom 1, bedroom 2, bedroom 3, living room) for carpet, although Lumber Liquidators has engineered hardwood flooring on sale for 78 cents a square foot. Home Depot charges $6.03 per yard for carpet install, plus $3.95 per sq yard for pad, and approx $7.00 per sq yard for the carpet. That works out to about $1.90 per sq ft for carpet and installation. I'm leaning towards doing the entire downstairs with the engineered wood flooring instead, as it is about 40% of the cost of carpet.

I then went home at 3:15 to shower, and got to the shop at 4:00pm. I worked until close at 8:00pm, then finished closing duties, along with the financials at about 9:00. I then built some spreadsheets and organized 8 weeks worth of credit sales receipts, store close reports, and merchant services settlement reports. That took a long time, but it is all organized now!

It's 12:40am, so I'm more than ready to head home and get some sleep before the boys come and get me at 6:30 or 7:00.

As for sales today, we finally slid behind last weeks performance a little (keep in mind, Intellitec is on Summer break this week - 1000 people gone...). Our Mon-Thur performance this week is $67 less than last week's Mon-Thur sales. All things considered, I think that is pretty good! We keep seeing new customers come in and either say they didn't know we were here, or said someone had told them about us and came to check us out. Growth is good, unless you are talking about warts or something.

Gotta go home and go to bed...
JD

No comments: