Thursday, August 30, 2007

No time to blog tonight...

I don't have any time for blogging right now, but just a couple of comments anyway:

1- we are on pace to set new records this week for a) highest sales in a week b)most customers in a week.

2- Already set a new record for highest sales in a month, most customers in a month, but will wait until after tomorrow to post results.

The monthly records are already a done deal, but the weekly records depend on tomorrow. We are predicting a slow Friday due to the holiday weekend. Many people have told us they are taking tomorrow off to head out of town and make it a 4 day weekend. On the other hand, the Colorado Springs Hot Air Balloon Classic is this weekend, and it is located two blocks down the street. Balloons set up beginning at about 5:30 am and begin launching at 7:00am. Well over 125 balloons go up in a short period of time, and thousands and thousands of people go to Memorial Park for the event. We could be completely slammed...

I booked two more senior photo sessions for the studio... One of them is tomorrow, one is for mid-September.

We had a discussion with a band that plays different venues, but normally gets paid. His girlfriend teaches yoga and needs some photography done for her brochures, business cards, etc. We are going to work out a trade where I do her photography for free, and he plays our shop for free on a regular basis. We'll see how things shape up...

I emailed Jeff Caylor, as well as Brad Ewing, who are both incredible Christian musicians here in town. Jeff has played our shop twice before, and will be coming back for another date (TBD) in September. He released his first CD this year and it is getting radio play!

Brad is our praise and worship minister at Rocky Mountain Calvary Chapel (our church). He is an amazingly talented singer and musician. I have very keen senses (extensive history in quality assurance - I'm a freak for even the most insignificant details). I can always find a mistake in live performances, even by very talented musicians. I have to say, I'm not sure I have ever picked up on a mistake by Brad. In the years we have been going to RMCC with Brad serving as Worship Minister, we have heard him sing hundreds, if not thousands of songs. His voice is soft when it needs to be soft, powerful when he calls on it, and he never misses a note. I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am that he has agreed to play at our shop. We are going to speak with him this weekend at church to figure out the details.

I want to thank Jeff and Brad, and their band members, for taking the time to play at Nemo's. Besides the fact that they are incredible and very entertaining to listen to, they bring the message of the gospel through music. They add to the experience that Tracy and I are so committed to, and that is to treat our shop as a personal ministry. You can read through my blog and see my prayer requests that I pass on to all of you as well. I'm happy if we can impact even one person for Christ, but Jeff and Brad will be able to reach many through their God-given talents!

Here is a link to Brad's band Unseen:
http://www.unseenmusic.org/Home.html

and a link to Jeff Caylors site:
http://www.jeffcaylor.com

Well, I spent more time than I have on this post... Gotta run.
JD

No comments: