Thursday, August 2, 2007

Coffee Photos

Finally, after three months, I got around to taking a couple of coffee photos. I only spent a few minutes with this, since it is late. I used one studio light only...

This is my favorite of the two. I adjusted my single light (with a 10 degree snoot) to create dramatic shadows across the cup, reflect the handle in the cup to create an abstract heart, and to allow light/shadow to spill onto the background, which would contrast with the cup. It was a little tricky to set up, but I'm very happy with the outcome. I converted it to black and white using calculations (which creates an alpha channel in Photoshop), then toned it with a nice, coffee brown.



Here is the second, which used one light, and a reflector to the left side... I'm not too excited about this composition, but thought I'd post it anyway...



Everybody have a great night...
JD

No comments: