Thursday, August 16, 2007

5 Minute Photo Challenge

I've been giving myself some 'challenges' lately just to improve my photography skills. Today I decided to give myself 5 minutes to find a subject, set it up in the studio, set up the lighting, take the shot, and download it to the computer. Here is what I came up with:




I pulled one of the flowers out of an arrangement in the cafe and put it in a glass. I taped this blue paper to a cardboard box for a background. I set up one Alien Bees 800 strobe with a Brollie Box for lighting. I set it up in a way that it was lighting both the flower and the background paper. I had to arrange things so that the flower shadow would not appear in the background paper.

Well, that's it...
What do you think?

EDIT - I just viewed this on another computer... I did the original download and editing on my laptop, which is very bright. It looks like the image is a little too dark on most computers as a result. I'll adjust it later and upload the brighter version when I have a chance...

JD

No comments: