Monday, May 21, 2007

We are getting used to this...

Today seemed like a really slow day, but it was our fourth highest sales to date, and it was a record setter for Mondays! I think that means we are getting proficient and into a groove... A day like this would have seemed like total chaos 2 or 3 weeks ago.

I sent emails to the group organizers of 12 groups at www.meetup.com and let them know we have a 500 sq ft private meeting room available for free. I received confirmations from two groups that they would like to hold their events here at our shop. That is a 16.7% success rate! I'm happy if I can capture 5-10% of any 'market' we advertise to. I will be sending out more emails to other groups in Colorado Springs. Once I have gone through all of the meetup.com groups, I'll check out listings in Craigs list and other places as well. I think getting some of these groups in here is the key to building our evening sales. Wish us luck...

The Regional Building Dept is just a block or two away and we had an architect come in this afternoon. He walked around and looked at everything and decided we did an excellent job, not only on design, but also on construction and finish work. He took a stack of Ryan's business cards and will probably ask Ryan to bid his future projects. I'll be very happy if Ryan gets some projects as a result of people coming in here. Ryan was a super hero for us, allowing us to have such a nice shop at a cost significantly below the going rates.

Well, I need to finish closing the store and making breakfast burritos for tomorrow (we sold out again...)

take care,
JD

No comments: