Monday, May 28, 2007

Just a quick note...

I've been meaning to add some more shots of the cafe, but haven't had a chance. Here is a quick snapshot from the other day. We've had this leather Mission chair in our house for several years and thought it would make for a nice, comfortable place to sit in the shop...



Paul Kulik came in this weekend and hung a number of his amazing panoramic prints. He has some wonderful landscapes printed and framed up to six or eight feet long. I dream of going to the places Paul has gone...
If you are local, please stop by and check out his incredible work. Heck, stop by even if you are not local!

The holiday weekend put the skids on sales starting Thursday. I thought we would show about -30% growth for the week, as compared to last week. We actually ended up less than 1% off of last week sales! I think that is great! Monday (today) counts for this week, and we had almost no sales. We opened for about four hours for Tracy's grandpa to come down from Denver and see the place. I think we had about 9 customers today, and at least half of them were family!

I just want to give a special thanks to my brother Aubrey, who is serving his third tour in Iraq. I pray for his safety and I ask that you do as well; not just for him, but for everyone involved in the Iraq and Afghanistan conflicts. So many have given their lives for our country, from our initial freedom, to now. Regardless of your political alignment or your thoughts on the war, please support our troops with your prayers and blessings!

Take care,
JD

No comments: