Friday, February 9, 2007

Star Struck!

Tracy and I ordered cabinet door knobs that have stars on them. Let me see if I can find a photo of them ath www.knobgallery.com (where we ordered them)...


Neil Dana is custom making our menu boards and I just had an idea with regard to the counters... When you do concrete counter tops, you can embed items in the concrete itself. They will show flush with the surface. I just had an idea to have Neil CNC some star shapes of various sizes to embed in the counter top surface! I think it would look great! I have always been very patriotic, and served on Submarines in the US Navy for 12 years. I would love to play up a patriotic theme in the shop by having stars in the counter tops. I also plan to get a flag flown on the US Capitol building and hang it in the shop. I had one that was presented to be by Joel Hefley (Colorado Congressman), but I gave it to my little brother Aubrey after his second tour in Iraq. Today is Aubrey's birthday... He is away from his pregnant wife and one year old son serving our country in Iraq (3rd tour). Please take a moment to pray for and honor our troops who serve our country here and around the world!
Here is a shot of my brother:

And a couple of photos I did for him:

Happy Birthday Aubrey! We love you!




We have played some with the logo concept that Tracy came up with. Tracy's friend Tiffany worked with it in editing software to refine the concept. Here is what she sent to us:





I played a little with it in Photoshop yesterday and did this:
Click to see a larger version...

No comments: