Monday, February 12, 2007

Electrical Plan approved by the city...

Our electrical engineer met with the city today and they agreed to install a new transformer for us.We will then run new power to the building with a new disconnect and meter, then to a new 200 amp panel in our space. The city said they would expedite this (due to our electrician's working relationship with them - they are second generation local business) and have the new transformer up in a week, as opposed the the typical weeks... That is good for us! I spoke with our property manager and he said they don't have the money to complete these repairs, and that they didn't make the illegal changes to the electrical following a previous fire. I explained that this is a building electrical distribution system problem, not an issue with my space. I also explained that the city may shut off power to the entire building, which would affect the existing businesses. He asked me to get a price together and we can talk about splitting it...

Ryan and I met at the shop and did a layout of all the cabinets we need to build. We have to build front and back bar cabinets, high wall cabinets for the back bar, a dedicated cabinet for the stereo system, a merchandise display wall unit, a merchandise storage wall unit, book cases from the half wall to ceiling, and the built in bench seating. He is putting together a material list tonight so we can order the material tomorrow. Tracy and I have a full woodworking shop and we will be building the cabinets there. I spent the remainder of the day in the shop re-organizing to allow room for building cabinets, and for cutting 4x8' panels on the table saw. Tracy and I put the shop together to do custom furniture on commission. We had kids instead, but have had a killer wood shop just sitting there, only getting occasional use. I'm happy to be using it finally for some 'real' work!

Gotta run...
Everybody have a good night!
JD

No comments: