Sunday, February 11, 2007

Photo a Week

OK, so this blog has been all about construction and coffee. A big part of what we are doing is the photography studio, but I have been too busy to take many photos lately. I have decided to post at least one decent photo a week in the blog. Here is the first in the Nemo's Blog Photo Exhibition:





I shot this with a Canon 20D and Canon EF 24-70 f2.8L lens. I placed an Alien bees 800 strobe with Brolley directly behind and above the apple. I placed an Alien Bees 400 strobe with Brolley off to the right at approx 20% power, as compared to the main light. I used Alien Bees radio transmitters and receivers to fire the strobes wirelessly. The apple is sitting on a nice piece of Bubinga hardwood I had left over from a woodworking project. I wanted to enter an online contest that had a 10:00 pm deadline. I started pulling out equipment and setting up at 9:05pm. I was ready to shoot at 9:20 and started snapping shots with different lighting setups. I used the water bottle we spray our lizards with to 'make the dew'. All of a sudden, I saw that the clock said 9:46! I had to download the images to the computer, go through about 40 shots, select one to use, import into Photoshop, edit, save for web, go to the contest site and upload the photo. I was done at 9:59pm! Just barely made it... I hope you like the shot.
JD

No comments: