Sunday, March 18, 2007

Paint, Paint, Paint, and more Paint!

Believe it or not, we painted the entire 2000 sq ft shop in two days. Rob sprayed the primer yesterday, and then I painted all of the bar area, soffet, and south wall last night. I got up at 5:30 this morning and headed over to the shop. I painted the art wall, which wraps around the studio, and I painted the back hallway, and the kid's room.
Rob and Shawn showed up about then, and the three of us painted all day and put two coats of paint on everything. I also painted the half walls, which required four coats. I have never painted so much in my life.

Here are a couple of photos (click on them to view larger:





Here is a shot of Tracy at Home Depot getting paint:




The paint was $1150, but I saved 10% by filling out a credit applicaton for a Home Depot card. Tracy didn't take it easy while I was working hard. We tore down our back fence a couple of weeks ago, and Tracy dug up the remaining fence posts today!

We put an employment ad in the local paper (The Gazette) and it runs Friday through Thursday. We received about 25 calls on Friday, and I don't know how many Saturday and Sunday (I was at the shop and Tracy is taking the calls on her cell phone).

Upcoming activities:
Monday (tomorrow):
-Start setting cabinets in the bar area
-Qwest to install phones and activate them
-Ceiling Grid subcontractor to start, finish on Tuesday
-Spectrum Signs is coming to the shop tomorrow at 10:00am. We have five exterior lighted signs to get custom inserts made for, and they are going to put up some temporary banners for us.
-I will be measuring for baseboard trim. I want to use 6" pine, solid wood trim, but I need to see what the cost will be.
-I will be measuring for three window front bar seating counters. I am going to make them out of 8/4 Padauk.
-I will be contacting my friend Neil to get a steel floor grate made for our back room. It will go over the grease trap and floor cleanout. We need the grate fabricated before we can pour concrete.
-I still need to apply finish to the Padauk table, finish the apron/legs for the Canarywood table, and build the Narra table.

Plenty to do...
Later,
JD

No comments: