Monday, December 4, 2006

I am so dirty...

It's 11:00pm and I just got home from the shop. I ran a new electrical outlet to the kid's room, demo'd some door trim and jamb, measured the opening for the hallway to the bathrooms, marked and cut the drywall and began demo of the drywall (didn't get done). I need to get up at 5:00, just like this morning. I'm tired enough to go to bed, drywall dust and all, but I'm going to take a shower first instead...

Oh yeah, I found an electrical box hanging down from the ceiling, with wires hanging out of it. I have noticed it before, but figured it was disconnected. I checked it with a multimeter and it was energized! Yikes! It was hanging down and was about 4 or 5 feet off the ground (easily accessible). I figured out which circuit it was and killed it, then put wire nuts on each of the wires. I'll demo this death trap out next time I'm over there...

This has nothing to do with the coffee shop, but I thought it was funny. The boys all had dentist appointments today. I asked Ethan how things went at the dentist, and he said the dentist got all of the bugs out of his mouth using a sharp knife. Either he is confused, or we need to find a different dentist! And... just how did he wind up with a mouth full of bugs in the Winter???

No comments: