Saturday, December 20, 2008

Nemo's Photos

From Day One, I had planned to post photos taken at Nemo's on a regular basis. I always seemed to be too busy to get it done. I would either not get photos taken, or if I did, I would not have the time to sit down and post them. Well, today I decided to take a couple of photos, and MAKE SURE I GOT THEM POSTED HERE!

Before anything else comes up to distract me, I am going to upload the images! Click on an image to see a larger version. Use your back button to get back to the main page.

This is a shot of Tracy and Rachelle (one of our employess who stopped in, but was not working today).



...and a shot of Matt, who was working today.


And a few shots of the cafe:
In this shot, you can see two movie theater seats tucked in next to the half wall. People LOVE these seats! You can also see a big stick to the right of the loveseat. When you have three boys, you end up with sticks everywhere. If you read the Drudge Report, you might remember a story about the thousands and thousands of flags that got thrown in dumpsters after the DNC convention in Denver. Many people were appalled by this. The flags you see in this image are two of them. McCain/Palin had a rally here in Colorado Springs, and they heard about the DNC flags in the dumpsters. They sent people up to Denver to get them all. Tracy brought these two back from the rally.


This half wall originally separated the two storefront spaces. Ryan had an idea to put a water feature in this space. It was going to be a textured glass plate that water would run down. With colored lights, it would have been a really cool water feature. As constuction got behind schedule, we decided to put in shelves instead. I think I like the shelves better. Most of the books are my Photoshop technique books, and other art books. A number of the nick-nacks came from Tracy's grand parents' homes. The antique dog on wheels belonged to Tracy's dad when he was a toddler. He can remember sitting on it and riding it. The raku fired sphere on the top shelf is one of the first items Tracy and I bought when we moved into our first home. The Colorado book is a photo book showing scenes around Colorado from the 1870's, and shot again from the same location in 2000. The wooden book stand was a Christmas gift from my Mom a few years ago. The enamel popcorn bowl was a Christmas gift I got for Tracy a couple of years back. The solid maple a walnut checker board on the bottom right was from an estate sale. Tracy was able to speak with the man in his 80's who had made it. Most things in life have a story to them, but hundreds of people come an go without any of these details. I made the table sitting under the bookshelves. It is Padauk, with two strips of Maple inlaid. The apron and legs are Ash. The pine chairs were part of the dining set from Tracy's childhood.


The table on the right came from Tracy's grandfather's home. The round table in the back came from Tracy's older sister's house. The table on the left was the table Tracy owned when I met her in 1995. The fourth table in this image came from an estate sale for $25. The estate sale was in the same neighborhood where Tracy's father grew up.


Gotta run... I've been on the move all day (about 10 hours straight) and my shoulder/broken collar bone are KILLING ME.

JD

2 comments:

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

The store looks great! Happy New Year, Andy, we miss you!

Anonymous said...

I am contemplating starting exactly what you both have done and find your blog helpful. I'm hoping I can just get some starter tips from your blog. One thing I would like to add is scrap-booking along with the photo and coffee. Wondering if you have any thought on this?

You can respond to my email of: hogaard@rocketmail.com

I look forward to hearing from you and wish you both the best - YOUR shop is beautiful!
Heidi