Monday, June 9, 2008

Things To Do

Tracy and I are moving our bedroom from the upstairs MBR to the downstairs MBR. The kids wanted to all sleep in the same room, barracks style, so I am making loft beds for them. Each of their beds will have their dresser and built in shelves underneath. We moved their game room from downstairs to one of the bedrooms upstairs, and the third bedroom up there will be a spare bedroom for guests.

Anyway, we had a lot of stuff to move from the downstairs MBR, which had been an office/craft room/storage room. While moving things, Tracy found one of my journals from when I was on submarines in the Navy. In one of them, I had written a list of things I wanted to do when we returned from a six month deployment. I remember making that list! I thought I would make a quick list again of some things I would like to do...

1. Go hiking and mountain biking in Moab, Utah.
2. Photographic tour of Italy, including Rome, Venice, and Florence.
3. Spend a few days hanging out in Chicago, New York, San Francisco, and Montreal.
4. Go sailing on Hobie Cats again.
5. Be able to run with the speed and agility that I had when I was in my early 20's (before six knee surgeries and an ankle reconstruction).
6. Climb to the top of Mount Vesuvius outside of Pompeii, Italy with Tracy and the kids.
7. See my three boys grow up to be men of strong character.
8. Learn to make pottery on a potter's wheel.
9. Go on a real honeymoon with Tracy for one of our anniversary dates coming up...
10. Have a motorcycle again, and hit 150 mph (to beat my previous record of about 140mph) ...this is counter-productive to #7, and I won't risk it...

It would be fun to go on and on, but I have some things to get done. If I run across that Navy list, I will post it here.

Take care,
JD

No comments: