Wednesday, June 25, 2008

End of an era…

I put my notice in at Intel, and June 30 will be my last day there. It has been a long, rough 6 ½ months of working full time as a Project Engineer for RK Mechanical and full time at Intel completing all of their site water chemistry control scope. The opportunity to do both was an absolute blessing, and an answer to prayer. When I took the Intel job, I had been involved with Nemo’s construction and initial operations, without an income, for nine months. Our personal finances were hit hard by Ethan breaking his leg (without health insurance) and by having an empty rental house while the housing market was in a slump. The Intel job allowed us to cover the payments and utilities on the empty rental house for ten months, and to pay off over $15,000 in debt that we accumulated while we had no income. It was very beneficial, but very hard for our whole family. I have four days left and then I will have my nights back again. It will be a good thing for us.

Gotta run,
JD

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

JD,

Been a while since I read your blog, and it's a great read. I am glad to here things are slowing getting back to normal with not having to work two jobs, juggle a business, being a husband and father (dude you are crazy). I just want to say thank you for all the hard work and dedication during your time at intel. You will always be a "go to guy" that gets the job done and done right. I hope I get to work with you again in the future, you always motivated me to do the right thing. Must be our Navy background :) take care and God bless

Anonymous said...

yo great awareness data discussing, trust this can be really ideal for everybody

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed reading this post. You really have mentioned a number of critical items on this page

Anonymous said...

You are carrying out an admirable job. Please keep on developing. Thanks