Thursday, April 10, 2008

I realized last night that I’m over 40 and there is no going back…

I was in the break room at Intel trying to decide which drink to buy. They have everything from soft drinks, Gatorade, waters, teas, bottle Starbucks Frappucinos, etc, etc. I bought a bottle of 100% Red Ruby Grapefruit juice and liked it. Actually, it is what I buy two or three times a week, if I don’t have coffee. What normal person buys grapefruit juice and likes it? Is this a sign of getting old, or am I just a freak?
I also used to be able to eat two entire super-sized combo meals at McDonalds, and like it! Now I don’t go near the place unless I absolutely have to. I ran through the drive thru on the way to Intel earlier this week and got a Quarter Pounder with fries and a coke. I took about 4 or 5 bites of the sandwich and had to throw the rest away. This has been a common occurrence for the last year or so. I just can’t choke it down… I can’t believe I used to like it!

Speaking of me being a freak, I see something happen daily and I was wondering if it happens to anyone else. When I drive home at night, street lights go out when I approach them. At least one street light goes out for no reason as I go by every night (different ones, not the same one). Last night, three of them went out on my fairly short trip home. I’m wondering if they overheat and go out for a few minutes and then come back on, and this is a fairly normal thing and it is coincidence. Or… do they go out because I have some strange magnetic field emanating from me as a result of my 12 years in the nuclear power field as a reactor operator. They don’t go out when I’m a block away… it is always when I am within 50 feet or so. I really have no explanation for it, but it does make me curious, and it happens every single night.

Photoshop contest! I have not been very active in the Photoshop or Photography groups since I have been working at Intel at night. Jeff Kouri has carried on the Photoshop classes during this time. He has a Photoshop contest scheduled for April 23, 2008 at 6:30pm at Nemo’s. You can check out the details at www.meetup.com. Just search for ‘Photoshop’ in Colorado Springs.

Speaking of art, we are currently showing the paintings of Nikki Connen. Her work is really incredible and we have had a great reaction to it. If you have a chance, stop in and take a look. I’ll post a recent photo of the shop with her artwork when I have a chance.

Tracy hired a new girl this week and she will be starting her training today. She is an artist and wants to develop an art community at the shop/studio, much the same as I did with photography and Photoshop. I think that would be great!

Gotta run…
JD

No comments: