Tuesday, March 18, 2008

A Great Surprise!

I am a member of NAPP (National Association of Photoshop Professionals) and their website includes web hosting for up to 24 images of each member. I finally uploaded some photos to my NAPP portfolio last week (after leaving it empty forever).

I checked out the NAPP website tonight and saw on the front home page that one of my images was selected as "Editor's Choice". Basically, they choose six images out of literally thousands and thousands (probably tens of thousands) and post them on the front page as editor's choices. I was excited to see one of my images there... The funny thing, though, is that this image is natural out of the camera, with no Photoshop work at all! The abstract nature of the photo is achieved by using a very narrow depth of field with the Canon 100mm f2.8 Macro lens...

Here is the image they chose (click on it to see a larger version):



Tracy called me today and said the espresso machine steam wands were not working... Yikes! You can't make very many specialty drinks without steam wands. Our La Marzocco Linea 4 Group has separate brewing and steaming boilers, so we were still able to pull espresso shots. I had her check to see if any of the water supply lines were pinched, and to check the pressure gages. They showed that the brew boiler was still operational, but the steaming boiler was the only one down. I was afraid that the element had gone out. You have to turn off the machine and let it cool down (for hours) before being able to work on it. We called Maric and they came and serviced it. Luckily, it was just a sensor and not an element or electrical distribution problem. It is fixed and working like a champ again.

Time Warner contacted Tracy today and asked if we could do 300 breakfast burritos for them. That would be great to sell $1100 worth of burritos in one day, but it will be absolutely horrible to make them all! One person working alone takes about 1 1/2 hours to make 20 burritos (that includes cooking the eggs, sausage, potatoes, and then building them). We would need to have multiple people working on this project to pull it off. We are going to give them pricing and we will see if they go for it...

I am exhausted, and I have my water chemistry control scope to complete. gotta run.
JD

No comments: