Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Four Days In a Row

This is my fourth day in a row to not be at home...

Sunday... Woke up at Nemo's following Josh's birthday party/sleepover. Got the kids to settle down at 2:00am, and then Jonah and Devin got up at 5:30am. Not much sleep that night. I then made breakfast for 8 growing boys (waffles and bacon). Tracy came over to the shop towards the end of breakfast and we were there until almost 12:00 noon when the last sleep over kid was picked up. We went home, but I had to go back to the shop to work on the Jeep. It would not start a week before, and sat there in front of Nemo's (taking up one of the best parking spots) with a dead battery all week. I got it running, cleaned up the studio following the total destruction of lots of boys, and calculated payroll. Went home just in time to change and head off to Intel...

Monday - I actually got to sleep in a little... the kids had a two hour delay due to a snow storm, so I got to sleep until 7:15am! Dropped the kids off at school at 10:00, then went to Ft Carson. Worked there until 5:45, then went to the shop and finished payroll, including writing the checks and distributing tips. Had to go from there straight to Intel...

Tuesday - Dropped the kids off at school, stopped by Nemo's for coffee, went to Ft Carson and worked until 5:25. I left there and met Tracy, the boys, and Tracy's parents at Fargo's Pizza for Josh's and Jonah's birthday dinners. I left from there and went straight to Intel.

Wednesday - Dropped the kids off at school, stopped by Nemo's for coffee, went to Ft Carson and worked until 5:50pm. Left there and went to the school for Jonah's music event. It is so much fun to see your own kids up on a stage. I had to leave from there and come straight to Intel.

Tomorrow - Thursday is going to be another busy day. I have to get the kids up earlier than usual and get them ready for school. We then are going to Nemo's. I have to pick up 50 servings of decaf coffee for the second graders to try (part of their Civil War experience lessons to have war camp food). I also have to set up the studio for a photography inspiration seminar for 28 people, which is Thursday night from 6:00pm to 8:00pm. Then I'll be off to drop the kids at school, then to Ft Carson, then home for a little while (I am hoping) and then off to Intel...

Friday - Up at 6:00 to get the kids off to school, then to Nemo's. I have to set up the studio for a RKMI submittal process training presentation (for Corps of Engineer projects) for eight of our local Project Managers and Project Engineers. This set up includes running a 50' Cat 5 cable from our secure LAN router in the back office to the studio. I then have to set up a multi-port switch for multiple users to log in to RKMI systems remotely. Ironically, this training is geared towards teaching me my job, but I am too busy doing my job to attend the training to learn about how to do my job. Not kidding! I am supposed to attend, but we are under a serious deadline crunch at Ft Carson and I have to take off for work after I get the training set up. I don't go to Intel on Friday nights, but that is our family night at the YMCA to go swimming and/or play racquetball. I then have to finish the editing for three photo shoots I have completed recently. I have a meeting set up with one family, and need to get the other proof collections to those clients quickly as well. Maybe I will get 5 hours of sleep Friday night...

Saturday - All of us up early and off to the shop. I have a meeting with a photo client, then we have to run the shop for the day, go to Sam's club and buy all the stuff we need for the first half of the week, etc, etc. We then close the shop, leave from there and go to church, and get home at about 8:30pm.

Sunday - I absolutely have to start clearing out the wood shop and rental house of all my tools. I honestly don't have room for all of them at our house. I might have to get a storage unit for awhile. I want to build a 12x16' storage barn at our house. I can then move all the bikes, sports equipment, camping gear, etc, etc, etc to the shed and put my wood working equipment in the garage. I have no idea how to get "3 car garage" worth of stuff into "1 car garage" amount of space. It doesn't matter if I know how or not... I have to get it done anyway, as our buyer under contract wants to close in early April. Oh yeah, Sunday is Easter! We will be making Easter eggs and having fun that day too.

Tracy hired a new guy for morning shifts. We interviewed a girl who was interactive, friendly, energetic, cute, fun, etc... We hired her and then found out she is not a morning person. She struggles from 7:30am and finally comes to life a little around 11:00am. Tracy is going to move her to afternoons and have Nicholas be the morning person. He delivers papers at Colorado College and is done with that by 6:00am. He has already been up for a few hours by the time he gets to Nemo's at 7:30. Today was his first day and Tracy said it went very well...

Gotta go do my chemistry work.
I am looking forward to the week being over, although it just rolls right into another very busy week. Blah...

JD

No comments: