Thursday, May 8, 2008

Nemo's Update, and some interesting photos

Our sales are strong again this week, although not at the record setting pace of last week. Provided Friday and Saturday stay on par, we should exceed our break even budget again this week!

The contractors showed up again this morning and continued their demolition of the front building facade. I meant to get out and take some photos before they started, but didn't have a chance to. I will grab some photos in the morning, just so we have some semi-before and definitely-after images of the construction.

I have a photoshoot for a family on Saturday. I believe Megan is going to do a photoshoot of her boyfriend in his dress uniform (Army) before he deploys on Wednesday as well.

I have a couple of new wedding potentials, although I have been slow in getting pricing to them. This two full time job thing makes it really difficult to do much of anything else. I spend my free time with Tracy, Josh, Jonah, and Ethan instead of other tasks that need attention. I will get pricing out to them tomorrow or this weekend for sure.

We have friends at our church who are selling their house and cars and moving to Mexico to be missionaries. They have four young children, so this is a huge leap of faith for them to sacrifice their easy American lifestyle to go to a remote area of a third world country to do God's work. Our church is having a concert tomorrow night to send them off in style. If you are local and are interested, come by Rocky Mountain Calvary Chapel tomorrow night! Any prayers for the Rafferty's would be much appreciated, even though you don't know them...

I haven't had a chance to do any photography of my own recently, so I thought I would post some images (some photography, some digital imaging) that I find interesting... I am listing the photographer's name and any information I can find about the image. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do:

Martin Amm - Born 1986 in Kronach (Franconia/Germany). I started photographing with 12years. Since 2004 i photographe with a digital SLR (Nikon D70). I put the most emphasis on Animal- and Landscape-Photography.







S Balev (no other information known about this photographer)



Digital manipulation:


Digital manipulation:


Necip Perver... I was born in the beautiful city of Istanbul Turkey moved to and live in the UK since I was 3 yrs old now live in Hertfordshire.

Female Kestrel in flight...


Ben Goossens... I live in Willebroek, Belgium (Europe). After Art School, where photography was one of the sections, I worked 35 years as an Art Director in advertising and already 15 years with Photoshop, to realize the ideas. Now my hobby and passion is creating experimental/surrealistic photo montages. I sent those images to International Experimental Photo contests with success. With different shootings I try to ceated my own personal image. What I make now, is a logic follow-up from what I did professionally. Maybe those images are not accepted by everybody, but the last years they are edited all over the world in magazines and books.

Heaven's Gate


IQ Levels


Reborn


Untitled


Drop of Prosperity


Well, I would love to post many more wonderful images by some amazing artists around the world, but I must go...

Take care and God Bless!
JD

No comments: