Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Nemo’s Update…

Well, it has been awhile since I last posted. Our lives are very hectic right now, and that makes it tough to do anything beyond the necessities… We worked 100 hour work weeks when I was in the nuclear field on submarines in the Navy. That was spread out over all seven days in the week, with no additional family responsibilities. I thought I was busy then, but I see now that it was much easier than what I am doing now. Everything is going well, though, and I have a couple of months left… We can do it!

Tracy has been a trooper, running the shop by herself. I think it has been more challenging than managing a Starbucks store, but she is doing great. Right now, she is working on staffing the store. We had to replace a couple of people, while cutting back on labor to match our current revenue levels. I’m not putting too much stock in January numbers, due to the fact that January is typically slow in retail business. People are worn out after the holidays, and many have New Year’s resolutions that they are trying to maintain. Everyone is back in force by February, though, buying lattes and pastries!

Sales are bouncing back from the slow holiday times, but we have not quite gotten back to the break even point. We got our 5000 fliers and they came out amazing. We are starting to distribute those…
Tracy is working on a plan to provide standing orders of product to both Intellitec campuses (Automotive college in our center, as well as their IT/AutoCad/HVAC campus across the street, and their corporate headquarters across the street).

As far as milestones go, we went over $100,000 in total sales a couple of weeks ago! I need to take a look at total customer counts, but I am guessing it is in the 25,000 range.

Gotta run…
Take care,
JD

No comments: