Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Merry Christmas!

I would like to say Merry Christmas and thank everyone who has been a part of Nemo's this year. This goes out to our employees, our vendors, our customers, and to family and friends who have encouraged us. I hope you have all had a wonderful Christmas!

As for us, Christmas is not quite over, since we still have to mail our Christmas cards, and I still have a couple of presents to wrap and send to family in Indiana... When you are a procrastinator, Christmas can last for as long as you like!!

As for the shop, we have hit a few milestones recently. We have served over 21,000 customers in 8 months. I had planned to post when we broke the 20,000 mark, but I missed it, so... you get 21,000.

We average just over $4 per sale, and as a result, we are over $95,000 in sales and rapidly approaching the $100,000 mark! Woo Hoo! I'll keep you posted...

We sold 102 gift certificates in 2007, with most of those (approx 75) being sold in the last two weeks. Those sales do not show up in revenues yet in our POS system. Those sales will show up as the certificates are redeemed.

Tracy is changing our hours to close at 6:00pm instead of at 8:00pm beginning in January. I'm interested in seeing how that will work out. Her plan is to not cut labor hours, but to use those extra labor hours during the day shift to boost sales during our busier times. I'll let you know how things are trending.

I've completed my first week of working as a Project Engineer at Fort Carson, and continuing the water chemistry control scope at Intel. I was able to perform both scopes, spend time with the kids, and still get enough sleep (enough for me, probably not enough for the average person). I can do anything for three months...

Everybody have a great New Years...
JD

No comments: