Tuesday, December 4, 2007

11:30pm and the power is back on!

I turned off several of the circuit breakers for large loads, shut down the computers, and waited for awhile. I had no idea how long it would take for the power to come back on, so I made a bed in the studio. I took the upholstered cusions off the Stickley mission style chair in the cafe and used them for a bed. Table cloths worked for a pillow, and one of my muslin studio backdrops worked for a blanket. I got a good half hour nap before the adjacent business owners started showing up and talking very loudly to each other. They all congregated outside our shop because we have emergency lighting on battery backups and it works for quite a few hours. They were all trying to figure out why we had power and no one else did.

I've restored power to everything, confirmed no other breakers tripped, and got the point of sale computer back up and running. I'm going home...
Later,
JD

No comments: