Monday, November 12, 2007

Veteran's Day

I want to take a minute and thank all of our veterans, both past and current, for their sacrifices and service to our country. My brother finished his third tour in Iraq last week and is now home safe at Ft Drum in New York. His time at home is well deserved, having completed two 15 month tours in Iraq with only a couple of months between the two. He has a son that is a toddler, as well as a new baby daughter he had not met. I am very happy that he is home with his family.
Here is a photo of my brother Aubrey:

Aubrey

Our neighbor will be returning to Colorado Springs in December, following his third 15 month tour in Iraq. I wish him well during his final weeks there. He has a wife and two kids who are looking forward to his safe return. And photos of George:
George

George and Angie

I spent nearly 12 years on submarines in the US Navy as an electronics technician, reactor operater in the nuclear field, and as a US Navy Diver. Here are some photos of the two submarines I served on, the USS Memphis SSN-691 and the USS Toledo SSN-769:

Our Pride Runs Deep
Our Pride Runs Deep<br />

USS Memphis - a photo I took topside during an emergency personnel transfer off the coast of Portugal
Memphis SSN-691

Uss Memphis - a couple of my shipmates (Perez and Willis) topside in St Croix, USVI
Memphis SSN-691

USS Memphis Underway
Memphis SSN-691

USS Memphis Greece
Memphis SSN-691

USS Memphis Greece2
Memphis SSN-691

USS Memphis passing throught the straights of Gibraltar. I am one of the people topside in this image...
Memphis SSN-691

USS Memphis Floating Drydock
Memphis SSN-691

USS Memphis Torpedo Loading
Memphis SSN-691

USS Memphis Pt Everglades Florida (Ft Lauderdale)
Memphis SSN-691

USS Toledo conducting Seal Team ops
Toledo SSN-769

USS Toledo conducting Seal Team ops
Toledo SSN-769

USS Toledo conducting Seal Team ops
Toledo SSN-769

USS Toledo Underway
Toledo SSN-769

USS Toledo Underway2
Toledo SSN-769

Here is a photo of me back in the day, and one of me now:
JD at 18
JD Now

Tracy and I have three boys and I teach them to respect those who serve, no matter what. I also teach them to love their country, no matter what.

I wish more people would do the same.

JD

No comments: