Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Quick Update...

1. I'm exhausted. I have averaged about 3 hours of sleep per night over the last week or so.

2. We set a new record last week with 809 customers in a week!

3. We set a new record today with 177 customers in one day!

4. We went over 13,000 all time customers yesterday, and we went over $60k in all time sales yesterday!

5. It is nice having Intellitec's automotive vocational college in the same complex as us. My Jeep needed a $600 brake job, and one of our regular customers from Intellitec did it for me for cost of parts ($95 - Intellitec discount from supplier), a few free coffees, and a free portrait session for him and his family!

6. One of our regulars from the Pikes Peak Work Force Center (their web developer) met with me today and we laid out the plan for a Nemo's Coffee website. Once again, a few free coffees are doing wonders, along with a little $$.

7. Unseen and Brad Ewing were incredible Friday night! I can't wait until they come back again in November.

8. I met with a National Geographic photographer who lives here in the Springs. We are going to exhibit his work in December-January!! He is also going to put us on his website and link back to our site, which should bring us some traffic.

9. I went back to work at Intel this week.

10. Did I mention that I am exhausted?

11. Our Point of Sale to Office server network crashed Friday and I could not restore it. I had to rip out the POS computer and bring the Office server out to the bar to ring up customers. I decided to run POS and QBPro off the same computer at the bar instead of having two computers networked. We have had countless crashes over 5 months and I'm tired of dealing with it. The only advantage it gave us was to work on payroll or other financial tasks without interrupting customer service. We'll just do those financial maintenance items when we are not ringing up sales...

I had to remove the original server computer from the bar and reinstall the POS workstation, including the touch screen monitor (boy have we ever missed that!).
I just finished installing QBPro 2007 on the POS computer and importing all of our data from an external hard drive backup(IF YOU ARE READING THIS AND YOU OWN A BUSINESS OR ARE STARTING ONE, THIS IS WHERE YOU GO AND BUY A BACKUP EXTERNAL DRIVE IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ONE YET). I then had to uninstall QBPOS and then reinstall it, and restore our company POS file from the external hard drive backup. I then had to get QBPOS and QBPro to sync together and communicate. That is all finished, and I am now downloading all of the QBPro and QBPOS program updates. That is taking forever...

12. I can't remember if I mentioned this, but we hired a girl named Vanessa and she started training shifts this week. It looks like she is going to be STELLAR!

13. It looks like one of our other employees is going to move to Denver sooner rather than later. She went up there this weekend and submitted job applications and she has an interview scheduled for Friday with EchoStar (satellite company). We interviewed one of our regular customers yesterday and it looks like we are going to hire him to replace Michelle. He has coffee house experience, and he has a great personality. He is currently going to school studying anthropology at UCCS.

14. The kids had their final Landsharks race (cross country) yesterday, and had their end of season party today after school. Tracy and the boys got to the final meet late and Ethan missed his race. He was really upset, and decided to race with the kids who were currently running a race. They were 2nd graders (he is in Kindergarten) and they had started their mile race two minutes earlier (Ethan's age group runs the half mile). He took off and caught up to the group and beat some of the second graders, even though they had a two minute head start!! He is definitely our 'athlete' in the family. At today's party, Josh was voted most determined runner, Jonah got voted best sprinter, and Ethan got voted 'most likely to beat the older kids'!

15. Well, I still have to make burritos and it is 11:30pm. I have to get up at 6:00 to get the kids ready for school, drop them off, head for Intel, leave there at 5:00, go straight to the shop, make another batch of 20 burritos, facilitate our Photography group lesson, and go home tomorrow night at about 10:30pm. Did I mention that I am already really tired??

Gotta run...
JD

No comments: