Wednesday, October 3, 2007

New job at Intel

Well, I got to take a look at my scope of work for Intel today. I thought I would be doing certification testing on Ultra Pure Water systems that support the Fab (clean room manufacturing facility). As it turns out, I will be pulling water samples for every water system on site and performing various tests to analyze for pH, conductivity, turbidity, ppm concentration for chemistry control agents, water hardness, biological micro contamination, etc, etc, etc... We performed so many tests today that I can't even remember what they all were.

So, in other words, I am a mad scientist...

As for Nemo's, we are currently on record pace for sales in a week, as well as most customers in a week. If we finish the week strong, we should be able to set some new records.

The projector arrived for the studio/meeting room. I am going to put together an audio/visual cart. The main purpose is to facilitate teaching Photoshop classes beginning on October 12, and to use it for the Photography groups. We offer the studio to everyone for free, but I will be offering the AV equipment for a fee. I still have to work out the details. I just found out that the Phantom Canyon restaurant charges $500 per event to use their room, and another $300 to use their AV equipment. That seems kind of ridiculous to me...

Haven't slept much this last week and a half, so I'm out of here.
Everyone have a great day on Thursday!

JD

No comments: