Friday, October 17, 2008

Nemo's Update

Well, this week turned out surprisingly well, considering how it started. Monday was one of our lowest sales days in many, many months. Days like that kind of scare us... However, Tuesday through Friday all rebounded with strong sales and higher customer counts! We ended the week in good shape, which I did not expect after Monday's dismal showing.

A couple of random stats:
Since our opening day April 26, 2008 until today, our total sales have been $228,594. We act as a distributor for the Solid Rock Cafe, and we earn 15% on those sales. We also have a number of catering events for Premiere Global, Time Warner, the El Paso County Health Department, etc. Those events get invoiced through QBPro, and do not show up in our sales history in QBPOS. Our total customer counts have been 48,682! That is an average of 2863 per month, and 130 per day. I would really love to get that up to about 165 a day, consistently. As it is, we are still nervous about making it or not. If we can boost our daily customer count by even 20 per day, we'll be in the clear.

I have a very busy weekend ahead of me. I have approximately 20 hours of video to edit and create 12 DVD movies from. They are training videos from commissioning a building that my company just completed. I have to create custom DVD menu's with navigation, custom labels, and custom DVD case inserts. On Monday, I start two more major video projects, and a third following two weeks behind that. I also have to complete some wedding edits, and create a DVD movie set to music, using motion effects on the still photos from the wedding. I also have a photo shoot on Sunday, and I'm going to do school portraits for the boys at the same location. There are several other families who are interested in having school photos done as well, but none of them have confirmed for Sunday yet.

In my "spare time" this weekend, I will be working at Nemo's Saturday from 6:30am to 2:30pm, and then Tracy and I are dropping the kids off at a birthday party/sleepover, and then Tracy and I are working the espresso bar for our church's Saturday night service. I also have to finish making Jonah's Halloween costume, and I think Josh wants me to make a costume for him too.

That should be enough stuff for this weekend... I don't see much sleep in the next couple of days...

Take care,
JD

No comments: